Thursday, March 6, 2014

Smart Phone took over the Flip Camera

Yes, I know the Flip Camera died years ago, but I liked it?



Specs:

  • Flip share software
  • USB Port
  • 1280x720 Resolution
  • 4GB memory
  • AA batteries
  • 2" LCD Screen
  • Playback, pause, record, stop, etc. features
  • Carrying case and wrist strap
  • Connector cable
  • Camera Stand Connection
  • PC and Mac Compatible
Good
  • Light
  • Portable
  • User-friendly
  • Quick upload to youtube
  • Supported 1-2 hour videos
  • Stop, start, rewind, pause ability
  • Easy to edit videos with basic software
  • Instant playback feature (I could watch my videos on the tiny 2" screen)
Bad
  • It is not a smartphone
Verdict
  • True, I loved the little gadget. I took it with me to the park in order to make silly films with my kids, but I had to think about bringing it with me. I had to have a plan to make a video. But no one plans to take their smartphone with them to the park. It is intuitive. The smartphone has all of the Flip Camera's features + more. Flip Camera, I loved you, but I have moved on. RIP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment